This is a very good breakfast recipe as it is made of chickpea it will not make you hungry soon unlike the normal dosa.
White Chickpea – 2 cups
Rice – 1 cup
Red Chilli – 6
Ginger – ½ inch
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Onion – 2 medium
Coriander and Curry leaves – 1 tablespoon each
Coconut – ½ cup (grated)
Oil – ½ cup
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard – ½ teaspoon
Black gram dal -1 teaspoon
- Soak the chickpea along with rice overnight (or at least for 6 hours and ensure to change the water after 3 hours)
- Grind red chilli, ginger, salt along with the chick pea and rice to form a coarse paste.
- To the chickpea paste add chopped onion, coriander and curry leaves and grated coconut.
- For seasoning, add one teaspoon oil in a frying pan. Add the mustard seed, black gram and
Bengalgram dal and Asafoetida to the hot oil.
- Add the seasoning to the chickpea mixture.
- Heat a pan and add a ladle full of the seasoned chickpea mixture at the centre and spread it to form a dosa, add one teaspoon of oil and cook the dosa on both sides till it is crisp.
- Serve the adai with tomato ketchup or any of your favorite chutney.